Garlic Parmesan Wings are perfect for game days, weekends, or any day of the week for that matter. I went back and forth on whether I should make this a creamy garlic parmesan sauce or a lighter one. I'm happy I went with the latter because they are really flavorful and still super crispy, as a wing should be. These garlic parmesan wings are cooked in the oven instead of deep fried so feel free to indulge more often than not. Wings should not be soggy and sitting in a pool of sauce in my opinion. Always toss in the sauce and remove.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Ingredients
I like getting fresh whole chicken wings and cutting them at the joint to make the individual drum and flat pieces. You can also buy the chicken already separated at the joint but I find those to be priced higher. Also a good choice is to get the bag of the frozen wing sections. That way you can also take the amount that you need and put the rest bag in the freezer.
Seasonings are important to do while the chicken is baking because it adds an extra layer of flavor. We had the fresh garlic last in the sauce before baking. If the garlic was added while the chicken was roasting there is a high probability that it will burn and we don't want that.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Add the 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder to bowl. Mix together so the chicken is evenly coated.
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. Spray with nonstick spray. If you don't have a rack thats perfectly fine. Line the chicken on the rack or the baking sheet. Place the chicken on top rack and bake for 45 minutes.
10 minutes before the chicken is set to come out start your sauce. Put 1 1/2 tbsp of butter and 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan and heat until butter is melted. Add in minced garlic, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper and cook for a 30 seconds. Stir in 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Mix together and you have your sauce.
Take the wings out the oven. Nice and crispy!
Put the chicken into a mixing bowl and pour the sauce over the chicken. Toss the chicken to coat. Add the parsley and tsp parmesan cheese to the bowl. You can add more parmesan cheese if you'd like. Toss together to coat.
Plate and Enjoy these delicious Garlic Parmesan Wings!
If you love wings as much as I do then you will enjoy my recipe for Air Fryer Buffalo Wings. Try it and let me know what you think!
Can these garlic parmesan wings be cooked in the air fryer?
Yes they sure can! I know that a lot of people are getting air fryers now so this recipe can definitely be cooked in there before the sauce is added. I have the Bella Pro Series 8qt Touchscreen Air Fryer and it is AMAZING! Preheat the air fryer to 400° and put the wings in a single layer. Cook on one said for 15 minutes, flip them and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Knocks off 15 minute cooking time from the oven.
- 6 whole chicken wings
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 butter
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Start by breaking down the chicken wing by cutting in between the joints to separate the drumette, wingette (flat), and tip. Discard or save the tips for homemade stock.
- In a mixing bowl add chicken pieces, olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix to coat the bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place cooking rack on top*. Spray with non stick spray. Line the rack with the chicken and bake for 45 minutes.
- With 10 minutes left of baking time , add butter and 1 1/2 olive oil to a small pot over medium heat. Once butter is melted add garlic, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper cooking for 30 seconds. Mix in 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and turn off heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken and pour in the sauce. Toss to evenly coat the chicken in the sauce. Add 1 tsp of parmesan cheese and parsley and toss to coat.