Ropa Vieja is a cuban dish that is a shredded beef stew that is cooked in one of the most flavorful tomato sauces you'll ever taste. I decided to make this dish because it randomly popped into my head and chuck roast just so happened to be on sale. I needed something new and different to make, and this checked off all the boxes. Anything cooked in a sauce or broth is going to be a winner because all the added ingredients get to marry together and create something full of depth and flavor. This recipe is perfect for a slow cooker or instapot to really get the meat tender and a developed sauce. It's so flavorful and after seeing how easy it is to make, it will be made in your home plenty of times
Let's Get Cooking!
Suggested items for this recipe
- 2 lb chuck roast
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 head garlic minced
- 1/4 cup green olives sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp goya adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to instapot on sauté setting. Season beef with salt and pepper and sear for 3 minutes each side.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and press cook for an hour.
- Be carefully to release all press before opening pot. Take out the beef and shred it with 2 forks. Add meat back to sauce and serve.