My FAVORITE food is buffalo wings. I honestly think I’d have them if it were my last meal. Cooking air fryer buffalo wings has changed the game for m and I know it will for you. Now that I have an air fryer I plan on making them more often without the guilt of deep frying them. I have a Bella Pro Series 8qt Touch Screen Digital Air Fryer and it is awesome! It takes 30 minutes and you will have super crispy chicken wings
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings Ingredients
If you have whole wings, like I do, separate them into pieces at the joints so that you have the drumettes and flats. Some people like to leave the tips on like at hooters (my fave wings FYI) but I toss them. You can also save and use them for a homemade chicken stock.
The seasonings I use for the chicken wings are salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and baking powder. Yes I said baking powder! Baking powder insures the chicken is going to be CRIPSY. It’s my go to chicken wing seasoning and makes the chicken taste good before the chicken is even sauced.
As for the buffalo sauce, you can use any kind you’d like. In this recipe I used a garlic buffalo sauce which was quite tasty. You can also use a homemade sauce if you have it.
How to make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
First step is to separate your chicken wings at the joints if they are whole. Also you want to make sure they are dry so pat them and get off any moisture. This makes sure you have a crispy wing.
Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and add all of the seasoning. Toss to evenly coat and then add the olive oil. Toss one more time to coat the wings. Preheat air fryer at 400° for 3 minutes.
Place wings in a single layer in the basket (1). Cook for 15 minutes (2) then flip them over (3). Cook for another 15 minutes and they should be nice and crisp (4).
Melt butter in a pan and then add your favorite buffalo sauce. Mix and simmer the sauce.
Place wings in a mixing bowl and pour over buffalo sauce. Give a quick toss in the buffalo sauce and serve while nice and hot.
Just Heavenly! And if you love these (you will) try my Garlic Parmesan Wings recipe!
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 6 chicken wings
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- Separate your chicken wings at the joints so there are drumettes and flats. Pat chicken dry.
- Place the wings in a large mixing bowl, add all of the seasoning and toss to evenly coat. Add the olive oil and toss again. Preheat air fryer at 400° for 3 minutes.
- Place wings in a single layer in the basket and cook for 15 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan and then add your favorite buffalo sauce. Mix and simmer the sauce.
- Place wings in a mixing bowl and pour on buffalo sauce. Give a quick toss in the buffalo sauce and serve while nice and hot.