I'm more of a white meat girl when it comes to chicken but I have been learning to have an appreciation for chicken thighs. When roasted at a high heat for crispy skin, it's actually really delicious. The skin stays crispy but the meat stays moist and doesn't become dry. This recipe pairs that greatness with a delicious sauce. Serve it with some potatoes and you have a delicious meal.
6 bone in skin on chicken thighs
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp butter
3 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup cream
2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup julienne sun dried tomatoes
Season skin side of chicken thighs with half of the salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
Add the chicken to a cast iron skillet or oven proof skillet on medium high heat skin down. Sear for 4-5 minutes.
Season the flesh side of the chicken with the remaining salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 4-5minutes.
Remove chicken and set to the side.
Add the butter and melt.
Add the garlic and crushed pepper. Cook for a minute of two.
Add the cream, broth, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, and cheese to the pan. You can use half and half or heavy cream for a thicker sauce. I used light cream because it's what I had on hand.
Mix and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Preheat oven to 400°.
Place chicken back into the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Fresh out the oven.
Stir the sauce and spoon it over the chicken. Enjoy!
- 6 Bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Sun dried tomatoes julienne
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Season skin side of the chicken thighs with half of the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add chicken to a hot cast iron or oven proof skillet on medium high heat skin side down. Season flesh side with remaining salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Sear for 4-5 on both sides then remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in the skillet then add garlic and crushed pepper cooking for two minutes. Add cream, broth, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, and cheese to the pan. Mix and bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Place chicken back in the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- When done, stir the sauce and spoon over the chicken.
*you can use half and half or heavy cream for a thicker sauce.
Tried this recipe?Mention @itairaeats on Instagram and hashtag #itairaeats!
Leave a Reply