2 tbsp butter (separated)
1 1/2 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
3 tbsp pan drippings
2 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper to taste
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Next, add pan drippings and cook for a minute.
Add flour and mix.
Mix and cook for about 2 minutes.
I did not have a can of chicken stock so I had to mix 2 cups of hot water with a packet of chicken bouillon.
2 cups of chicken stock.
Whisk in chicken stock.
Add in the fresh herbs and worcestershire sauce then stir.
Add salt and pepper.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes to thicken.
Add the remaining tbsp of butter and stir into the sauce.
The result is a luxurious mushroom gravy.
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 1 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 3 tbsp pan drippings
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp worcesteshire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in pan over medium heat then add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pan drippings and cook for a minute.
- Add flour and mix, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken stock, fresh herbs, worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add remaining butter and stir into gravy.
Leave a Reply