I LOVE skirt steak! It's one of my favorite cuts of beef. It's so delicious and because it's not thick, it's fast to cook. I love it in a taco, on a sandwich, on a salad, or just by itself. I marinate this steak in my go to steak marinade for things like skirt steak, london broil, and flank. Please make this one soon and you're welcome.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp hot sauce
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 lb skirt steak
Add all ingredients except the steak to a mixing bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Add the steak to a ziplock bag.
Pour marinade over the steak. Refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight. I did it for 8 hours. Take the steak out fridge 1/2 hour before cooking.
Because the steak was too long for my pan I cut it in half. I cooked on medium high heat for 4 minutes. This will yield a medium doneness. Alter this time based on how you want your steak cooked.
Flip and let cook for an additional 4 minutes.
Let rest for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
I served it with chimichurri (click here for recipe) and a lime wedge.
- 1/2 lb skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Add all ingredients except the steak to a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add steak to a ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Refrigerate for 4 hours- overnight. Take steak out of refrigerator 1/2 hour before cooking.
- Cook the steak in a grill pan over medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side for a medium doneness.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes before eating.