A dutch baby also known as the german pancake is baked in the oven instead of making on a stove top. It is a single large pancake instead of a traditional pancake stack. Peaches are everywhere right now because they are in season. I had a few in my fridge and was wondering how I can incorporate then in some breakfast instead of throwing them in a smoothie or just eating one. That is how this peach dutch baby pancake was born!
It was my first time adding peaches and it has not been the last since then. Dutch babies are good on their own but throwing some fresh fruit in there really makes them even better. This is a unique menu item and sure to wow a crowd. This is a tasty breakfast or brunch item that can be easily be converted to dessert.
Peach Dutch Baby Ingredients
Peaches- Fresh is best because frozen will have more liquid.
Milk- Whole milk is used in this recipe but opt for milk of choice.
Flavoring- Vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sugar help make this pancake delectable.
Let's Make This Peach German Pancake Recipe!
Preheat oven to 425° and place the cast iron skillet or a large skillet that is oven safe in to heat as well.
Add the flour, milk, salt, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, 2 tbsp butter, and tbsp sugar to a blender. Blend together for about 30 seconds to make a smooth batter.
Carefully take the hot skillet out of the hot oven. Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter and sugar then mix together. The pan will sizzle.
Add the peaches and stir to coat the peaches. Arrange the peaches in the pan so they cover the bottom. Pour the batter over the peaches.
Carefully place hot pan back in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes. It will puff up and be golden perfection.
If you have powdered sugar you can add it to this but I don't feel like it's necessary so I opted out. Slice a piece and drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy while it's hot!
Other Combinations Next Time You Make A Dutch Pancake
- Fresh strawberries with ice cream
- Fresh granny smith apples with peanut butter
- Fresh bananas topped with a rich cinnamon sugar glaze
- Fresh blueberries and lemon juice
- Bacon and aged cheddar cheese
Other Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy!
Peach Dutch Baby
- 2 peaches sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp butter melted, divided
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sugar divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425° with cast iron inside.
- To a blender add flour, milk, salt, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Blend for about 30 seconds to make the batter.
- Carefully remove skillet from the oven and add remaining butter and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add peaches and stir to coat.
- Arrange peaches in one layer and then pour the batter over the peaches. Put skillet back in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Leave a Reply